Offshore printing – we will handle it.
You’ve heard the wonder stories of books printed for unbelievably low costs offshore in China or in Asia. Unfortunately you’ve also heard the horror stories. The stories of pages falling out. Of books not turning up at all. Of laminate peeling off. We have the service you need. Offshore printing organised by locals. You can come talk to us right here in Auckland, feel the paper stocks, touch the cover materials, and sleep well at night knowing your books will arrive looking great and on time. The beauty of our off shore service is that we arrange shipping, import costs, GST, insurance and work closely with our off shore printers to ensure a great outcome.
Hold up. Isn’t BookPrint a local book printer?
Yes. We have a fantastic digital book production workflow setup to produce short run books. I (Tim) like to think we can print them damn well in fact. However once you need large quantities of books it makes sense to produce them offshore. Rather than pigeon hole you into one production system we think you would be best off in we want to offer you the best of both worlds.
You can talk to us when your starting out with a small or local run and as the demand grows we can help you transition to larger orders so you can take advantage of the cost efficiencies of book printing in Asia.
When is offshore printing for me?
- if you are printing 500+ hard cover books,
- or 1,000+ soft cover colour books or booklets,
- or from 1,500+ black and white soft cover books,
- and you have at least 9-12 weeks to wait for the books.
You can trust our process:
- Discussion. We will sort through the specification of your book, including papers, print, covers, binding etc. We have samples you can come and see in our showroom.
- Proof. We can do a local proof for you to use for checking your work, and a then galley proof to check the image quality and colours, or if you are in a hurry we can just produce a digital proof. For each proof you should allow approximately 7 days.
- Deposit. After accepting the proof you will need to pay a 50% deposit.
- Wait. It will take approximately 4 weeks for your advance copies, and 4 weeks from there for your books to arrive, depending on a few different criteria.
- Payment. 25% payment is due on delivery of advanced copies
- Awesome. Your books will get delivered to your specified address, and you can start distributing them.
- Payment. The final 25% payment is due on delivery.
At any stage in the process we are always available to talk with, on the phone, via email or in our office. That is the beauty of dealing with a trusted New Zealand Book Printer instead of a company you found on Alibaba.
Would you like an example cost?
I know I would if I was you, so here you go.
Hard Cover Cook Book
Hardcover: 3mm board, smythe sewn, casewrapped with 150gsm gloss, printed CMYK colour and laminated
Text: 120gsm coated matte, CMYK colour, 100 pages.
Qty of 600
Unit cost $13.00 +gst
Soft Cover Kids Book
Perfect Bound (soft cover)
150gsm / 300gsm Coated Art Stock + Gloss Laminate
CMYK colour throughout text and cover
Qty of 2,000
Unit cost $3.50 +gst
Keen to get started?
Fire through a query and we can get you a production slot scheduled. Or just want to have a chat? Send a message through anyway we’d love to spend some time going through various options or just talking books with you 🙂
Want to rub books on your face? Book sniffers and touchers are more than welcome to come past our office/ showroom/ production space. Book an appointment with Amy using the handy dandy appointment booking button.